The National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA) estimates 1 addict negatively impacts the lives of 4 other individuals – usually close friends and family. There are 40 million addicts in the United States, this means over half of the population have firsthand experience with addiction.
We want to equip you to help others care for their loved ones with an addiction.
Adult and Teen Challenge USA offers resources that will enable the caring loved one of an addict to:
- Recognize the signs of addiction
- Interact with an addict
- Set personal boundaries with an addict
- Utilize prevention methods
- Gain insight into relational barriers
- Gain insight from professionals
- Find encouragement from success stories
- Find the right center for their loved one’s recovery